Crash block with integrated hydraulic system and four impact faces minimizes preparation time for different test configurations.
The MESSRING crash block is a highly customizable system that serves as a fixed barrier for crash tests. Basically, three different versions can be configured:
– The fixed crash block, which can be constructed for either passenger car or truck crash tests. Depending on the space available, this block can be equipped with different fixed barriers on all four impact faces and hit with vehicles or test sleds.
– The rotating crash block, which can also be equipped with different fixed barriers at all four impact faces. The special feature compared to the fixed crash block is that it is fixed locally, but can be rotated remotely around its own vertical axis. In this way, one crash track is sufficient to generate up to four different impact scenarios. In addition, a great deal of time can be saved during the conversion between the most frequent tests.
– The mobile crash block is the most flexible version. Depending on the configuration, it can be moved linearly back and forth along a fixed line or, in the highest configuration level, can even be driven freely by remote control. In this way, various crash scenarios can be implemented in a very limited space with minimum time expenditure.
All crash blocks can be equipped with different fixed barriers to cover all common test types and regulations. The hydraulic chassis places considerably less demands on the ground than alternatives moved on air cushions and can therefore also be used on uneven floors.
- Each of the four faces can be used for impact
- For 3,500 kg / 60 G
- Can be rotated on the spot
- Rotated by 360° in under ten minutes
- Automatic guidance
- Usable on uneven floors
- Climbing performance 1% at a total mass of > 90,000 kg
- Anchored to the foundation at crash position
- Four hydraulic undercarriages with two heavy-duty wheels each
- Rotation or moving time typ. < 10 min