The road to autonomous mobility is full of innovations and new technologies.
New ADAS functions require new test procedures to ensure road safety.
With its Active Safety products MESSRING is constantly exploring new and unexplored areas and continuously expanding the possibilities of validating autonomous and semi-autonomous driving functions.
To ensure Safer Mobility for all road users now and in the future.
AEB VRU Articulated Pedestrian Target
ASTERO - Active Safety Test Robot
ASTERO is a target designed for the validation of autonomous vehicle sensors and software with a focus on pedestrian emergency brake systems. The ASTERO can be programmed with the real motion data of a motion detection system and enables accurate validation of ADAS sensor systems and associated pedestrian detection software.
- Mimics walking, jogging and running pedestrians
- Compliant with Radar and optical reflectivity of the ACEA pedestrian target specifications
- Fully programmable pedestrian motions
Freedom of movement for pedestrian dummies
6D Target Mover
Pedestrians and bicycle destinations in current test scenarios usually move linearly, which does not adequately reflect reality. The 6D Target Mover allows dummies to move freely in six dimensions, including flexible control of direction, speed and angle. This enables extended functional tests of ADAS systems for path prediction and detection of leading indicators.
- Dummy movement in six dimensions
- Programming of reproducible scenarios
- Variable assembly with different VRU targets and dummies
Articulated Pedestrian Target
Euro NCAP Pedestrian Target (EPTa)
The new target was developed under the premise of high everyday suitability for quick and easy use on the test site and combines all current worldwide requirements for test equipment for Active Safety Testing. With its size, shape, realistic sensor signature as well as leg mobility, the target meets the complete NCAP specifications, ACEA guidelines including the ISO 19206-2 standard.
- Secure signature detection by radar, lidar, camera, infrared and ultrasonic sensors
- Compatible with all common carrier systems
- Collision restant design up to 60km/h
AEB VRU Pedestrian Back-over Target
Playing Child Target (PCT)
The MESSRING Playing Child Target (PCT) realistically replicates a playing two-year-old child on a toy car and allows easy and efficient execution of AEB tests, especially AEB VRU pedestrian back-over scenarios. The realistic sensor signature is equally suitable for tests with radar, lidar, camera and ultrasonic sensors.
- Realistic sensor signature for radar, lidar, camera and ultrasonic sensors
- Test scenarios in driveways or parking spaces up to collision
- Statisches Vulnerable Road User Target
e-Kickboard VRU Target
ASTERA E-Scooter is a target designed for variable and diversified testing and realistically replicates a woman, 1.66 m, on an electric scooter in terms of shape and sensor signature. The target is compatible according to ISO19206 with all common motion platforms as well as the MESSRING 6D Target Mover.
- Fast setup, easy to use
- Realistic sensor response for radar, camera, lidar, ultrasound and IR
- durable design – impactable without causing significant damage to the VUT
Child Presence Detection systems
The first dummy in the industry with the body size and shape of a newborn baby, which is used to test the vehicle sensor technology of modern presence detection systems. In addition to the already existing pure static radar signature of the dummy body, very realistic breathing movements can be simulated with these dummies. This makes it possible - according to test protocols - to detect children of this age significantly faster and more realistically via the intervals of breathing with the detection systems.
- Realistic breathing motion
- Reproducible chest or belly breathing amplitude adjustable
- Metal-free design of the dummy – no unintended radar interference
Rain simulation for ADAS testing
SprayMaker helps to simulate the physical conditions between two moving vehicles during a rain phase. The typical influence of the amount of precipitation and the resulting water film on the sensors of ADAS vehicles can now be investigated independently of real weather conditions and with little technical effort.
- Cost-effective, mobile simulation of light and heavy rain
- Easy attachment to any common vehicle
- Mountable on Euro NCAP and NHTSA Vehicle Targets